[Ti] Help Request for TiBook 800MHz LCD problem

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 23 23:03:54 PST 2006

You're mistaken here; the inverter controls the backlight for the
internal LCD, and not the video signal.  It takes the DC power
available in the computer and converts it to high-frequency, high-
voltage AC power suitable for driving the cold cathode fluorescent
lamp used as a backlight; hence why there is a large transformer on
the board, and a single two-wire cable leading from it into the display.

 From my experience working at an Apple-Authorized Service Provider,
the inverter board rarely fails.  Typically, the backlight will burn
out first.

As far as the original poster's issue, it is almost certainly either
the video cable or the display itself.