[Ti] no FW800

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Tue Jan 10 13:31:15 PST 2006

On 10 Jan 2006, at 20:26, Chris Olson wrote:

>  for those of who use fast external disks; no Firewire 800 on the
> MacBook Pro.

That is almost the first thing I noticed.  Now that I have a fast and
big FW800 LaCie external disk for backup, I would really miss the
FW800 port, especially as files and amount of data is continuing to
increase.  FW400 will just be too slow.   Having ONLY a FW800 port
might have accelerated the move of peripherals in the right
direction.  This has not helped at all, as far as I can see.

Trevor