[Ti] Re: no FW800

Wilson Ng wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 23:32:30 PST 2006

Probably to your disbelief, there are quite a lot of people that never take
advantage of FW800. So it won't be missed by them.

At least Apple kindly put that ExpressCard/34 slot so that you can connect
FW800 through there. That ExpressCard/34's specs certainly appear capable of
handling FW800 speeds whereas the old PC Card slot would not have been able
to handle it.

Heck, I remembered the old days when I had to buy a FW400 PC card so that my
old Lombard can handle FW400.

The ExpressCard/34 slot will save our butts in the long run. I'll beat PC
card manufacturers are ramping up production of their products to work with
this new interface.

On 1/11/06 9:00 AM, "titanium-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com"
<titanium-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:00:04 -0500
> From: John McDaniel <johnmcd at one.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] no FW800
> To: "A place to discuss Apple's Titanium computers."
> <titanium at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>

> On Jan 10, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>
>> Now that I have a fast and big FW800 LaCie external disk for
>> backup, I would really miss the FW800 port, especially as files and
>> amount of data is continuing to increase.  FW400 will just be too
>> slow.

:-D   Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET