[Ti] Great day for you Intel fans!

robert at elastica.com robert at elastica.com
Wed Jan 11 20:02:08 PST 2006

Well then.. here's my take..

for my money apple has miscalculated. Just as it thought it would use Apeture to
sell hardware and now Adobe has come in with a competing product that 1.
supports more RAW formats and 2. supports more computers ... apple is going to
be faced with comparisons from the PC vendors machines all supplying dual layer
drives etc etc and people are going to be asking why Apple's MacBook doesn't
have a dual layer drive for one. i assume it's to cut cost?

no firewire 800... perhaps annoying to video buffs on the move?

no dual layer... drive.

suspicous performance numbers...

what's better firewire 400 or firewire 800 that with an adapter also supports
firewire 400 devices?

should I be buying one of these el cheapo USB2 harddrive enclosures they have in
Thailand ... don't know if it's Prolific or not. but it's a lot smaller than
the f/w 400 only Mercury On the Go enclosure I use now.

happy with my AI book for now until I see significant performance gains with the
Intel boxes.