Windows is good advice for the consultants who support it (was: Re: Good advice! (was: Re: [Ti] Windows compatable))

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sat Jan 14 07:04:33 PST 2006

At 10:16 PM -0800, 1/13/06, Glenn L. Austin wrote:

>If people absolutely need to use Windows, it is because they are
>using some specialized, vertical-market application.  Everything
>else has options on the Mac as well as Windows.
>
>If I wanted to make as much money from supporting my customers as
>possible, I'd recommend Windows to them

I wouldn't touch a Windows computer if I didn't have to. But...

My clients who: own Subway franchises, gas stations, are
chiropractors, insurance brokers, dermatologists, all must use
Windows software as they are mandated to by their partner upstream,
or there is no equivalent software for their business. I do not seek
out Windows clients but essentially all of  my clients must use
Windows. Could this be that businesses that use Macs don't need
consultants? I don't think so.
--

Robert Ameeti

It was like watching inertia in action.