[Ti] Buying the "faster" Mac model

Bill Palmer whpalmer4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 08:35:16 PST 2006

John wrote:
> So, there comes a time when one must upgrade their mac.
>
> I have a dilemma. I'm trying to decide between 3 different macs -
> mini, iMac, and MacBook. I can easily afford the mini. The iMac I can
> somewhat afford. I can only afford the MacBook if I get a freelance
> job that I might get. The mini will not be powerful enough for me in
> the long run. I need something portable so the iMac might be a waste
> of $$$. However, I CANNOT keep carrying my work MDD home every other
> weekend because my PB is too slow.
A slightly "out of the box" idea - get the iMac, plus a case to carry it
conveniently.  I bought one of the iLugger cases for mine, and while
people laugh about my "giant laptop" they do look quite enviously at the
20" screen!  http://www.ilugger.com is the manufacturer's site - I
bought mine at OtherWorld Computing...

Bill