[Ti] Macbook pro version 2...

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Sun May 7 21:59:08 PDT 2006

Ok guys, information thanks.

Here's a question though, well a few more.

1. As I understand it the graphics cards for the mac books can't be
replaced later on with something like a 512mb card (imagining that
could be a possibility).  Am i right on that?

2. I suppose I should buy additional ram from a third party since it
will less expensive than Apples stuff???  Other than them ripping it
out if I send it in on warranty any other reasons not to get 3rd party
ram?

3. Ideas on battery life 15 vs 17 ?

4. Suggestions on a good printer for photography work perhaps with
permanent dyes (archival?) but also able to do the regular text
printing?

5. will getting a 7200 rpm hd let me keep a pace better than a 5400 as
the macbook ages? I mean in terms of performance.

Alan - what's a typical days use for you with your macbook?  Do you
find the power brick a bit cumbersome or is it as manageable at the
tibooks?

Chris...I do a lot of camping (sometimes with my laptop along), that
extra heat if it happens might come in handy if my usual camp stove
gives up the ghost :-)

I suppose if I wait 3 more months I should get a fairly bomb proof
macbook...??

sorry more than a few questions :-)

regards,
tim