[Ti] Exchange Account - from MAIL 2.0.7

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Thu May 25 07:18:28 PDT 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> It turns out that they do not have IMAP on the Exchange Server and
> that they have no port 143........
>
> They said my Mail software has to access Port 25, it is the only one.
> Can I configure it to do that?

Port 25 is for SMTP. That's the  port used to send outgoing mail from
you to the server for relay to its destination. They need to enable
IMAP or POP or both. I believe it is on by default when Exchange is
installed, so somebody had to go in and change the default setting
during the install. If you can't get them to turn on IMAP or POP,
which they should do since it has no security issues any different
than native MAPI used by Exchange, then you are stuck with MAPI
access only with the Outlook/Classic client.

Since I have heard Microsoft will be migrating away from MAPI and
more towards WEBDAV and standard protocols, this should not be a
difficult choice for them. Good luck.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com