[Ti] Exchange Account - from MAIL 2.0.7

Dr Trevor J.Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sun May 28 00:15:47 PDT 2006

On 25 May 2006, at 17:18, Dennis Fazio wrote:

> On May 25, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>
>> It turns out that they do not have IMAP on the Exchange Server and
>> that they have no port 143........
>
> They need to enable IMAP

Dennis - the IT guys are very cooperative.  They said that IMAP is
running on the Exchange Server, but it is not configured.
They have Exchange 2003. if that "version" info helps in any way.

No matter what we tried today, it is still saying that it cannot
connect on Port 143.

I think the IT guys want to help, but I don't think they know exactly
what to do next.

Is it simple for you to explain to me (to pass to them) EXACTLY what
they have to do so that Mail can access the Exchange `server using IMAP?
Like step-by-step..

or is it documented somewhere, so I can download and print, and give
it to them?

I know it is possible, because Mail used to work with the Exchange
Server here, but since they installed new hardware, it stopped working.
I think the evidence points to the fact that they have changed
'something' but no-one knows what.  I am sure the answer may be very
simple.

If there is any way that you - or anyone else - can help or advise,
it would be REALLY appreciated.
Working with Outlook 2001 is like moving back in to history.

regards,  Trevor