[Ti] PBook making strange noise

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Jan 8 08:04:36 PST 2007

Back last Spring there was a thread about beeps coming from inside
the computer. At the time the consensus was that it was a signal that
RAM was defective, coming loose or put in wrong. However, this would
happen at startup, not while you are using the computer. And it would
usually be three beeps, not just one.

That being said, Apple does seem to have an audible signalling system
for reporting faults. To relieve your mind you could run the Hardware
Test that comes with your System Installer Disk 1 to see if you are
having a RAM problem or some other hardware problem.

jg