[Ti] overheating

Bob Fowles rbf at psu.edu
Thu Jul 19 20:54:59 PDT 2007

Linda,

The fan on my 500Mhz Titanium recently started coming on frequently
and I traced it down to MS Word which was taking 50% CPU. A few days
before that I had applied the recent iTunes and Quicktime update and
also the recent 11.3.6 Office 2004 update which possibly caused this
problem. When I quit Word, the fan stops coming on and the CPU drops
50%. You may have an application that is driving the CPU hard. You
can use Activity Monitor or start Terminal and issue "top" to see if
you have any CPU hogs.

Bob Fowles