[Ti] TiBook Gigabit Ethernet Replacement advice sought

Arjan Bos arjan.bos at hetnet.nl
Fri May 11 00:06:14 PDT 2007

On 9 mei 2007, at 22:33, Ptah Hotep wrote:

> If you can hold out until this fall - '07 when Leopard will come
> onboard, your Rosetta issue may not be so much an issue.  I would
> think that the MacBook Pro would be your first choice.  And the
> choice of 15" or 17"  is more more personal given your stated
> usage.  That said I doubt if there would be any regrets if you
> opted for the 17" MacBook Pro.  But I have a bias – the 17" MacBook
> Pro will be my next notebook.

Thanks,
I'll think I'll hold out until the new hardware becomes available.
I'm planning on buying Leapard anyway for my PowerMac G4.
The reason I'm concerned about Rosetta is mainly office, because I'm
not going to buy a version without VBA support. Unfortunately, I've
too much time invested in them, both in a Mac and a Windows
environment. And Photoshop CS 3 is too expensive in its new version
for the simple image editing I do

Arjan

---
"You can't second-guess ineffability, I always say."

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)