[Ti] Advice please

Scott Strehlow strehlow at usermail.com
Sun Nov 11 04:19:50 PST 2007

HI Suzanna,

> ...OR is there a way to install Leopard on it too, using a method
> other than a disc install? Maybe thru firewire somehow????

If you have an external USB or Firewire hard drive, you can ghost
your drive on the Powerbook using Carbon Copy Cloner (free).  Then
follow Jake's procedure and do a clean install.  Then connect the
drive again to the Powerbook, boot the machine and use the new-
machine setup wizard to copy all the settings and applications from
the clone drive back to the Powerbook.
I'm going to have to do this with my MacBook to try to fix a Java
problem in FireFox that has not been corrected by any other means.
In my case, I'm probably going to just reinstall Tiger, but the
process should be the same.  I'll probably wait a while before I
upgrade the OS.

Scott

Scott Strehlow

If you fart in the middle of the woods,