[Ti] DVI TiBook 667 & OS 9.2.2 woes

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 19:11:53 PDT 2007

Actually you do not need to install it using the Apple Install
application.

Here is what you do:

Insert the first installer disk that you have and in using a utility
like TinkerTool (a free download), you go to the Finder tab and
enable "Show hidden and system files." This will make all the files
on the DVD disk appear. All you need to do is to find the OS 9.2
Install folder on the DVD and you drag it to the root level of your
Hard Drive.

Congratulations, you just installed OS 9.2!

At this point you should probably run Disk Utility and repair
permissions. Test to see if everything is OK by finding Classic in
the System Preference Panes and choose to launch Classic. If it runs,
you are in business.

jg