[Ti] superdrive installation

Kent cv66seabear at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 16:41:30 PST 2008

Gentlemen and Ladies:

I bought a Superdrive to replace the dead cd.dvd rom
drive.  I also purchased the optical bezel, the
bracket and the cable.  My nephew, a tech wizard, and
I tried to install it, but the case doesn't close
right in the front where the drive is.

It pulls the bottom case forward, and seems to hit the
drive. We have tried removing the grommets and the
bezel and it doesn't seem to fit correctly, no matter
what.

We have looked at the two drives side by side and read
instructions from two different sites (one recommends
removing the keyboard), but can't see any difference
between our installation and theirs.

Any Ideas?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Cheers,