[Ti] TiBook Will Not Boot Unless Reset

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Tue Feb 5 13:38:47 PST 2008

On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:15, Lloyd Smith wrote:

> TiBook, 400 MHz, 10.4.10, 640 MB SDRAM
>
> Unless the reset button is depressed, no boot.
> Suggestion appreciated.

First, nice to see that there is life in the old List !

Second - I have never seen, heard or read of a situation like
yours.......

The only thing that I do (correction, did, as it no longer works in
Leopard) in any problem situation is restart in single user mode
(Apple-S on start up) and run APPLE JACK.
In your case, after using your paper-clip/reset step.

I do not hold out much hope of it helping you, but it does fix a few
things that might possibly help you.

regards,  Trevor