[Ti] PubSubAgent FIXED (again)

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Mon Feb 25 12:36:19 PST 2008

> On 6 Jan 2008, at 01:32, Marc Farnum Rendino wrote:
>
>> At 9:13 PM +0100 on 07/12/23, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>>
>>> Under Leopard, 10.5.11 I am "plagued' with constant messages about
>>> the PubSubAgent.....
>>
>> FWIW: It seems to be sufficient - aside from feeds (ex: RSS) - to
>> have sync'ing (to dotMac) of Bookmarks turned on, to cause this
>> behavior.
>>
>> Of course the dotMac password also must be in a keychain that is
>> either locked OR configured to require entering the keychain
>> password for PubSubAgent to use the dotMac password.
>
> Marc - thanks for your input.  This problem has now been resolved.
> I changed many additional things, including the unchecking of the
> bookmark syncing with DotMac.
> I think that this was probably the major or only factor causing
> these very annoying and persistent messages, but I cannot be 100%
> sure, as I was not patient enough to change one factor at a time,
> nor to go back and reverse all the factors, to see if the problem
> started again....

25 February

Marc - I went back to Leopard 10.5, and one consequence was that the
PubSubAgent message was appearing all the time....

This time, I just un-checked the Bookmarks in dotMac sync, changed
nothing else, and it seems to have fixed the problem.
A more definitive report of problem resolution than last time.

regards,  Trevor