[Ti] Broken display hinge on 1GHz Ti

Scott Strehlow strehlow at usermail.com
Sun May 18 05:10:18 PDT 2008

I bought a hinge for my TiBook 500Mhz a couple years ago on eBay.  I
don't recall how much it was, but it was not too bad.  It is
certainly worth a look if you are not under AppleCare.

There have been a few discussions about the joys of opening the
displays to get those hinges in and out.  It can be done.  It takes a
bit of courage to pry at it to break the glue.  I don't know if the
1GHz model has a different construction to my old one, but I expect
they are similar.  I had found very detailed directions on the web.