[Ti] where's the "short"?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Thu Sep 25 06:31:23 PDT 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Kent wrote:

> I have a couple of questions, perhaps someone else has had the same
> problem I mentioned above.  Is there a switch that can be replaced?

There's a small latch that swings down by magnetic force as the lid
approaches closure. if that is not being pulled down, it may need
lubrication (silicone spray). If the previous fall knocked the lid out
of alignment and it's not catching properly, that's a tougher one to
fix.

> My other question is about the CD/DVD drive.  Mine won't accept
> discs anymore, I can hear the motor trying to suck it in, but unless
> I push on it really hard, it won't feed.  WHen I do get a disc
> (either cd or dvd), they won't read or play.  I have the rom drive,
> no burning.  My nephew, who is a geek, asked me if I had the
> original cds to troubleshoot, and I do not.  Is there a disc ffor
> troubleshooting anyone knows of?

There's no disk for troubleshooting CD/DVD drives. They either mount
the disk properly and read it or they don't. If they don't, they need
replacement.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com