[Ti] Yo-Yo alternatives? (small, lightweight)

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Sep 27 00:34:30 PDT 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 20:32, J Winter wrote:

> Because of the 5+ lbs of Ti-book (and my general dissatisfaction
> with the half-life of yo-yo power-supplies), I am seeking the best,
> most compact, lightweight power supply at affordable price.
>
> I already know about the 45W and 65 W white squares made by Apple
> that allow you to NOT take the electrical cord with you (to save
> space).  Is there anything else that is more compact and/or more
> lightweight?
>
> FWIW, this is for US-use. I figure that if/when that next-planned
> international trip comes together (an infrequent event), I'll get
> what I need specific for that

I used the YoYo from my Ti-500 to power my (2003-current) Al-book,
until it died earlier this year (around it's 7th birthday).
My wife has a (2004) iBook which shares the same power supplies as me.

All of our original "white squares" are on their way out/just hanging
in there...... so

I bought two replacements from an eBay store, Suntek.
They came quickly (~one week), and I am very pleased with them.

APPLE 65W G4 POWERBOOK AC POWER SUPPLY Adapter A1021
suntekebay021 at gmail.com
fixed price $23.88 (+postage)

I plan to buy a third one from them soon.

The advantage of this kind of power supply, with a separate cord, is
that you can have a figure-of-8 cable for each region you might travel
to.
I have one (2-pin plug) for the Continent, 3-square pin for UK, two-
flat pin for North America.....

regards,  Trevor