Trouble Installing Jaguar onto a Blue & White G3

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Wed Dec 11 09:00:36 PST 2002

>Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:36:50 +1100
>Subject: Re: [X-Apps]
>From: Peter Sealy <pandcsealy at hotkey.net.au>
>

>On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 03:45  AM, Justin Brooks wrote:
>
>>  I can not get Jaguar to install on my blue and white G3.  I was
>>  previously running 10.03 with no problems at all.  When I try to
>>  install Jaguar, I go through all the installation choices, and it
>>  starts to install.  When I get back to the computer, it is always hung
>>  up at the grey Apple logo during boot.  I have checked my RAM, removed
>>  all devices that didn't ship with my Mac, I have even removed the hard
>>  drive and tried another hard drive using the format option in the
>>  installation.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  My G3 is
>>  a Blue and White, 350 MHz, with 512 MB of Ram.
>
>Are you trying to install Jaguar on the same partition as any other OS?
>If it is possible for you [having backups etc]I believe it is best to
>wipe the drive, reformat and clean install Jaguar.

>Peter Sealy
>Thurgoona AUSTRALIA
>BWG3 rev2 400/768 RAM OSX10.2.2

That is really not necessary. He already tried another hard drive. I
don't think the B/W G3 is one of the G3's that require installation
in the first 8 MB, is it? Another thing to do is remove all non-Apple
RAM-I had this problem with a TiBook, and it turned out that I had a
stick of bad RAM.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html