[X-Apps] TextEdit won't launch

Thomas Karns tomak223 at mac.com
Sun Dec 22 17:07:52 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 04:28  PM, Judy Antipin wrote:

> I just put the old plist back in and it's no go. I even tried to open
> it again from the terminal window, and the same behavior happens. The
> only way I can open .txt docs in OSX is to open them from WITHIN  MS
> Word X

Hi Judy,

Have you tried logging in with a "clean" user folder?  If not create a
new user, name and password of your choice, log in as this user and see
if TextEdit will launch.  If it does launch with a clean user account,
you will know that something is messed up, or causing a conflict in
your regular user account.

Also just some things you may have tried or not.  Repair permissions,
first aid from the install disk, or other repair utility.  Log in with
the shift key depressed, log in, in single user mode to run fsck -y.

Tom K.