[X-Apps] Fwd: Safari 2 AutoFill Problem

Judi Sohn lists at momathome.com
Fri Apr 18 05:20:26 PDT 2003

At 2:44 PM -0400 4/17/03, Albert W D'Amanda wrote:
>>-Bottom line: AutoFill works on original web site , But does not work
>>on a different web site !

Albert, it may not be your fault. The web designer has to name the
fields logically so Autofill can match the info in your card to the
right field. I've run into a few sites where the developer/designer
got lazy and instead of <input name="firstname" type="text"
id="firstname"> which AutoFill would recognize and plug in your first
name they do something like <input name="namefield" type="text"
id="textfield1"> which Autofill will ignore.

On the site that's not working, view the source, find the <form name
=.....> tag and then see how the fields are coded from there. That
will tell you if you're wasting your time with your troubleshooting.

For example, I know that Autofill and keychain integration in Safari
works for me (it's particularly helpful for mapping sites so I don't
have to enter my address all the time) but when I check my ISP
webmail at <http://mail.optonline.net/> I have to type my username
and password over and over again because of the way the page is coded
(I'm not the only one who has complained about this, Mac and Windows
users alike).
--

Judi Sohn			http://www.momathome.com
judi at momathome.com	http://www.momathome.com/viewfromhome (weblog)