[X-Apps] AppleWorks X

Allen Watson allenwatson at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 29 17:14:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:10:05 -0400, John Wilson <wilsonjohn at mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks, listers, for all the helpful info. Apparently scripting or
> Quickeys are the only options. I'll try both. Again, thanks. John

Alternatives to QuicKeys, and in many ways superior, and certainly cheaper:

Keyboard Maestro
iKey
Both allow you to create sequences of actions (but not record them; you have
to enter them by hand). Both let you manipulate menus in the application.

AppleScript, in soon-to-be-standard GUI interface additions, will allow you
to click menu selections, push buttons, click radio buttons or checkboxes,
and so on. It is out in beta now on Apple's AppleScript pages, free
download. If you want to try it out, I highly recommend Prefab's UI Browser,
which helps you learn how the applications identify various elements of the
GUI.
--
Allen <allenwatson at earthlink.net>
Scripts for OE and Entourage: