[X-Apps] Fix_Prebinding crash

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Tue Feb 4 11:36:09 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis T Cheung" <decheung at mailcan.com>
To: "X-Applications" <X-Apps at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 2:04 PM
Subject: [X-Apps] Fix_Prebinding crash

> Everyday I get a crash on the fix_prebinding app or whatever it is. The
> console pops it up every morning when I start up.
>
> This has happened to a few of my friends as well. Does anyone know what
the
> cause or fix for this is?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dennis T Cheung | decheung at mailcan.com

If you are playing with an application like Battlegram, this may explain it
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/battlegram.html prebinding
is something the  OS does to make the launch of an application more
efficient, but if there are problems with the OS locating the proper files,
you can get a message such as what you see. Just a guess, for more info
check out < http://safari.oreilly.com/ > Mac OS X for Unix Geeks.

Joe Ellis