[X-Apps] news reader

John Carlsen John.Carlsen at rcn.com
Tue Feb 11 10:01:44 PST 2003

R.Welz wrote, on 2/8/03 5:18 pm EST (-5 hr):

> Hi there.
> I have tried MT-NewsWatcher 3.3b1 and thoth-1.6 and neither gives me the
> opportunity to have all messages downloded for offline reading and to
> archiv. Did I miss something? I tried both programs 3 hours now, and found
> out that thoth-1.6 was a bit more intuitive than the latter. But I need to
> archiv those postings and all I have is Outlook Express, which is doesn't
> offer many features but once a message is read, it is downloaded and stored
> until I delete it.
>
> Every time I opend both, it simply gets the messgae list from the server,
> this doesn't allow me to read those postings really offline.

You can do this in Outlook Express or Entourage. For newsgroups I want to
read offline, I use a rule that automatically copies each message into
another local folder, which causes OE to download all of each file. I can
then peruse the messages when I want to, and post responses to just a few.
--
Cheers,
  John