[X-Apps] Mail App. 1.2.3 (v551) - Fetch Loop

Andrew J. Yon III ayon2 at sc.rr.com
Fri Feb 21 19:25:16 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 10:48 AM, hart at nasw.org wrote:

> Two solutions: 1. Temporarily set the account to delete immediately,
> then run through the fetch mail routine again. Finally set the account
> to save mail for a day or whatever length you want. 2. If your ISP has
> webmail, go there and delete the messages you don't need to download
> again.

    I had tried all of this and  it didn't make any permanent change.
As soon as I clicked get mail, it started the cycle all over again. I
switched drives and rebooted to my stand by drive.  It still has 10.2.3
on it. It performs nicely. Mail.app in it works flawlessly. I guess
10.2.3 may be the ceiling for my system. Thanks for both of your
    Also to save BW , I will thank the others of you that also had very
good ideas, but that didn't work for me. Maybe someone else will tho.
so it is not a total loss. I am  not too disappointed in that 10.2.3 is
beautiful still.

Andy3

My system consists of :

BGEDT G3 rev. C 400mhz 1MB BSC, Radeon ME 32 mb , 768 MB RAM, 40 GB
fujitsu IDE master, Maxtor 60 GB IDE slave, Sony CD-RW  CRX120E IDE
internal, Maxtor 5 port usb card, usound 4 port usb hub,  Cannon
flatbed 656u usb scanner, Epson 777 usb printer, sandisk usb flashcard
reader.     10.2.3   &  OS 9.2.2 as classic