[X-Apps] Classic without superuser privileges?

Thomas Karns tomak223 at mac.com
Mon Jan 6 18:33:12 PST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 06:25  PM, Meg St. Clair wrote:

> Just got a very disturbing message when I logged back on after logging
> in as
> root to change another user's capabilities (which I thought I could do
> as an
> admin user but I can't).
>
> "You are running Classic without superuser (root) privileges.
>
> Classic needs these privileges to access system services. Ensure that
> TruBlueEnvironment is setuid and owned by root, or reinstall your Mac
> OS X
> System Software."
>
> What does this mean and how do I fix it?
>
> Meg

If you are running 10.2.?, I would run repair permissions, with disk
utility.  Located in /applications/utilities.  I would also recommend
running it from your boot volume, not the install disk.  If you are
running 10.1.?, apple used to have a repair permissions, utility
available for download.  Should still be available, but I don't know
where to tell you to look.

Good Luck
Tom K.