[X-Apps] cant receive files using AOL IM

Judi Sohn judi at momathome.com
Mon Jan 20 18:20:02 PST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 07:13 PM, Dennis T Cheung wrote:

> Please do share if you get this to work to work successfully. I'm
> curious!

I may have missed some messages in this thread so apologies if I'm off
base.

FWIW, I got it working with my Netgear router by setting the IP address
of the computer I wanted to get the file as the DMZ server in the
router configuration screen. I don't know if Linksys has the same
options, but it may be worth looking into since it worked for me.
Basically, I was able to designate one IP on my network as the "uber
computer" (I think it actually means "demilitarized") where all
requests such as this (in my case AIM file sharing and Timbuktu) are
automatically pushed to that IP.

--
Judi Sohn
judi at momathome.com