[X-Apps] Stalls and slowdowns

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Sun Jan 26 07:22:06 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 08:19  AM, Joe Kimmel wrote:

> Anyone else running OS X on a slow machine (333 iMac).  All of a
> sudden I am
> going very slow in my apps.  I made a mistake and bought an HP
> all-in-one
> printer, scanner, etc.  Well it eats the processor at 90+ % at times
> and has
> many problems.  Now...even when I turn that off my mac is running
> ultra slow
> now.  I wish there was a good optimizer out there now. I understand
> the new
> DiskWarrior will have one as well as Tech Tool Pro...
>
> Any other ideas.  My HD is a bit full, but I am remedying some of that.

The real solution is to update to Mac OS X 10.2.3. That update contains
the fix for the HP drivers hogging processor time.

_ _ _ _
Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Author, "Mac OS X.2 Jaguar Little Black Book"
http://www.macnightowl.com
Co-author, "Attack of the Rockoids"
http://www.rockoids.com
Contributing Editor, CNET