[X-Apps] Apple Script and Function keys

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Tue Jul 22 09:29:25 PDT 2003

My favorite way to do this (and, perhaps unfortunately, the most
expensive) is by using QuicKeys. IMO, this is the only must-have
utility nowadays. I have had, at various times, most of my F keys
assigned with no modifier, and with command, option and shift. I print
a little template on clear acetate and it sits just above my keys. It's
like having a whole 'nother menu bar.

QuicKeys plays with AppleScript in two ways: you can invoke a script
directly in a QuicKey sequence and, of course, you can trigger an
AppleScript saved as a stand-alone application. You can also use
QuicKeys to do a zillion other things directly, including Terminal
commands and timed events such as Save every 5 minutes. IMO, QuicKeys
is worth every penny.

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com