[X-Apps] Preferences-not being saved

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sat Mar 15 10:55:12 PST 2003

Apologies, I should have thrown a smilie in there.. You're comment wasn't
useless. But Safari is sometimes (it's still beta software for a reason).

Using Safari just isn't an option to me for some online banking.. Annoying
as it is I have to fire up IE from time to time. And frankly I just don't
want more than two browsers to deal with.. One would be ideal, but I laugh
when I see people running 4 or 5 at a time.. Fun being experimental
sometimes, I guess.

Very frustrating to have IE get amnesia right in the middle of a secure
banking session. Doubly frustrating because as much as everyone likes to
slag it, it works in more places than any other.. So I keep it aboard.

We're trying to fnd out what broke though, don't need alternatives.

On 3/15/03 10:31 AM, "BigScanner.com" <terry at bigscanner.com> wrote:

> Bill - I don't think that was a "useless" comment.
> I didn't use Safari or Mozilla or any other browser but IE until that errors
> kept popping up. (After upgrading to 10.2.4 is when it started).
>
> I tried uninstalling IE and reinstalling like others mentioned. I tried
> changing permissions on the IE folder - nothing seemed to work. I'll be as
> interested as you for a solution but don't blow off using another browser as
> a (temporary) solution.

> BigScanner.com
> <http://www.bigscanner.com>
>

> On 3/15/03 1:26 PM, "Bill Reburn" <bill at pacificcoast.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Now we have the usless, "I switched to Safari" answer done with.
>> (we're all using that piece of "BETAware" named Safari, but sometimes you
>> need a browser that works)
>>
>> Anyone actually have a constructive answer?
>> I tried turfing various pref files already, but it's still sketching. A
>> fresh download is only a few minutes away but I don't know if that's worth
>> it.
>>
>> I also noticed some time ago that hitting the Return button doesn't work in
>> the preference dialog boxes in IE. Whacky M$ code!

Bill Reburn