[X-Apps] Mail.app - Links only intermittently work

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Mon May 5 10:08:01 PDT 2003

On 5/4/03 11:37 AM, "Aaron Dickey" <thewar at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Hi all ... For as long as I've been using Mail.app, the URL links in
> them only work about half the time. They always highlight properly, but
> some simply do nothing when you click on them. This action (or
> inaction) is consistent from site to site; links in emails from site A
> will always open in a browser, emails from site B will never open, etc.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is a known bug, or should I be searching for
> some deeper muckup in my system?

I've noticed this too, and have been trying to determine where the
problem is.  I believe this is either a bug in Mail.app or just plain
incomplete link handling code in Mail.app.  I see mail come through
that regularly works (same type of email, though at different times,
from different sources), and a certain class that never works.

This doesn't seem to be browser dependent at all (I use Safari, IE,
Netscape, and a few others at odd times, and each has served its
time as my default browser).  It does seem to be a problem directly
in Mail.app.

I wonder if there is an error log file kept somewhere for Mail.app.
Anyone know?

/K