[X-Apps] Powermac4u

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Thu May 8 08:51:31 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Antipin" <jlap at comcast.net>
To: "X-Applications" <X-Apps at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [X-Apps] Powermac4u

> Bill, it's judy - I'm on x-apps mailing list too.
> I put vendio into google and came up with and article in a biz
> newsletter about Vendio changing name from auction watch:
> http://siliconvalley.internet.com/news/article.php/2174591.
> http://www.vendio.com looks like a legitimate ecom website. There have
> been a lot of threads on fraud related to powerbooks at Macintouch,
> (http://www.macintouch.com/fraudreports5.html) but I did not see
> Vendio's name anywhere in the mix, nor did the Google search turn up any
>   link between Vendio and negative comments. I wouldn't be quick to
> assume it's a scam. Have you tried the tracking number??
>
> Judy
>
> Bill Horn wrote:
>
> > Anybody done business with these people?  URL is:
> > <http://shop.vendio.com/nwpowermac/item/569160531/index.html>.  They

Judy, Bill,

Vendio is an outfit that sells "storefronts" anyone can buy one and set up
their own ecom site,
I would be very leary of one that offered prices significantly lower than
the major on-line retailers,
especially for newer Apple products. If it were for re-built refurbished
items cleary marked that
way then maybe I'd consider it. Apple tightly controls the margins on their
products so that it is
almost impossible for other places to sell their products at a discount.
About all they can do is put
"packages" together that add value to the basic machine.

Joe Ellis