e-mail Virus "WORM" in Mail.app

R. Welz r_welz at gmx.de
Sat May 24 05:50:01 PDT 2003

Hello.
Today I received a very strange e-mail.
Do I have to fear an attack?

Robert

cited:
--MIME_BOUNDARY-8746-0-1053031983--

 From info at evocash.com Sat May 24 12:39:03 2003
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:19:16 GMT
From: info at evocash.com
To: r_welz at gmx.de
Subject: *** URGENT *** URGENT *** URGENT

"GOT YOU"

If you were dumb enough to open this email then you will find a WORM
has executed itself through your mailbox
and by the time you read this into your hard-drive. This is PAYBACK for
the Virus you disguised in the email you sent
to us recently which destroyed our hard-drive and back-up system. This
costs us thousands of dollars and we lost a lot
of irreplaceable files on our system.

Now it's your turn to have your computer infected and  because this is
a WORM it is virutally undetectable by AntiVirus software.
WORM will drive you and your computer crazy because it's always hiding
and causing havoc in your system. Using your computer
recovery disks will not remove the problem cause it still stays on your
computers Motherboard. This will proabably cost you a new
computer and I sincerely hope this teaches you a lesson not to send
people nasty viruses again.

----^+Start^=Auto^Execute+^dontexecutethisWORM^-------------
^+Start^=Auto^Execute+^ dontexecutethis
WORM^-------------^+Start^=Auto^Execute+^ dontexecutethis