[X-Apps] Epson 1280 Printing From iPhoto

Chip Matteson chip at moonlightphoto.net
Fri May 30 12:29:33 PDT 2003

I have an Epson 820 and a 2000P. The software does not support roll paper
feed in OSX. I think that your settings in page set-up are still set to
letter and not on the 4" paper size because you don't have that choice.
Whether you print from Photoshop or iPhoto, you go through the Epson driver
installed in the print center. Bummer.

I reboot into OS9 for roll paper compatibility. I use classic mode to print
full bleed. Neither seem to be supported (yet) by the OSX Epson drivers.
Maybe they will be updated or reconfigured when Panther rolls out. They
should have had the drivers updated by now but I think there may be a Print
Center reconfiguration in Panther that Epson has been building drivers
around. Can't release the drivers until the new OS is announced.

Since it is such a pain to reboot into OS9 for just roll printing and my
computer is completely beholden to printing when I do, I gave up on printing
on roll sheets. Not to mention cutting down all that stuff and pulling the
sucker out to print on sheet fed sheets. With all that to consider, it's not
worth the minimal cost savings to me.

Chip

--
Chip Matteson