Mail.app is crashing in Panther for me

Miguel Palacios (lists) mspalacios at cinci.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 21:32:03 PST 2003

I've noticed that when i leave mail.app minimized for a period of time
and I get back to it to pick up mail or read a message, most times it
crashes.  It won't start unless I reboot (not even login off my user
works).  It's a weird crash, it displays the main window, but it just
disappears.

Looking for clues in the console crash logs, it mentions an
EXEC_BREAKPOINT, which I'm sure it's a  trap in the code for a certain
condition (not too helpful for me), that the folks in Cupertino to look
for.  Sometimes I notice a pre-binding message, but that could be when
I'm attempting a restart after the crash.  The addressbook is closed,
and I only have 1 IMAP and 1 POP account configured in the application.

Other than closing the app and restarting when I want to use it, what
do you suggest?   Have you seen this?  If so, how did you get around
it?

Anxiously waiting for 10.3.2,

Miguel