Connect to server--stuck bad password

David Sternlight david at sternlight.com
Wed Oct 29 19:01:12 PST 2003

I used Panther's "Connect to server" to try to connect to a Windows
machine by entering the IP address on the local network into the server
address window. When the userid and password screen came up, I
inadvertently entered an invalid password. Now, every time I go to
Connect to Server and type in that IP address (a local IP) in the
server address window, the connection automatically uses the bad
userid/password and I get a "Connecting to Server" popup which says
"Connecting to afp://192.168.mumble.mumble"  and then "Could not
connect to the server because the name or password is not correct." The
only choices are "try again" and "cancel" and neither gives me a chance
to change the password.

I can't find an entry for the IP address in my keychain, or any other
way to enter a different userid and password. Deleting the IP address
from the favorite servers list  in the Connect to servers window
doesn't help.

Anyone know how to change the password once it's been saved in some
mysterious place by Panther?