iChat no longer launches

Steve tnstahg at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 4 15:49:11 PDT 2004

Great suggestion!

I am almost kicking myself for not trying that.

I created a new user, enabled user switching, and the program runs from the
alternate user. So I copied the prefs (4 files) from
~/Library/Preference/com.Apple.ichat.* to my main user.

I thought this would do it, but...
Still the program does not launch and generates the same error message logs:

>From console.log:
## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of
type (regR/carP/x!bt)

dyld: /Applications/MyMacUtils/IM/iChat.app/Contents/MacOS/iChat Undefined
symbols:

/Applications/MyMacUtils/IM/iChat.app/Contents/MacOS/iChat undefined
reference to _kNotificationAddedPerson expected to be defined in
InstantMessage

Aug  4 15:42:14 Steve17 crashdump: Unable to determine CPSProcessSerNum pid:
17330 name: iChat

Aug  4 15:42:14 Steve17 crashdump: Started writing crash report to:
/Users/steve/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iChat.crash.log

Aug  4 15:42:15 Steve17 crashdump: Finished writing crash report to:
/Users/steve/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iChat.crash.log

## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of
type (regR/carP/x!bt)

>From iChat.log:
Host Name:      Steve17.local
Date/Time:      2004-08-04 15:42:14 -0700
OS Version:     10.3.4 (Build 7H63)
Report Version: 2

Command: iChat

Link (dyld) error: