[X-Apps] iSync and Palm Desktop

Mike Warren tvillemw at alltel.net
Sat Jan 24 17:33:21 PST 2004

On Jan 24, 2004, at 6:54 PM, Steven Rogers wrote:
> Anyone else crossed that bridge lately?

I have no problems with iSync. It works very well with HotSync Manager.
As far as I can tell, the only things it doesn't do:

- preserve the hand-held's datebook and address categories. If you're
devoted to categories, stick with Palm Desktop.

- sync the hand-held's memos with an iApp. Unfortunately Apple hasn't
come up with iMemo (how difficult would *that* be?) So, if you go the
iSync route *and* take notes in your hand-held's memo program, you will
have to either 1) keep Palm Desktop around so you can get to your notes
or 2) find a desktop application that plays with HotSync Manager. I use
MacNoteTaker

     http://mac-huwis.lut.ac.uk/~wis/programs/NoteTaker/NoteTaker.html

There is at least one other desktop application that syncs with memos.
I never use Palm Desktop anymore.

iSync's calendar and address book syncing works very well for me. It
keeps automatic backup copies of the data in ~/Library/SyncService.
Very handy.