[X-Apps] Problem with Adaptec 2906 or Agfa ScanWise X

John simplymail at ururk.com
Tue Jan 27 17:19:04 PST 2004

> Yep - it works, so ScanWise X must be the culprit. I hope they come
> out with an update - would be pretty amazing since they quit making
> desktop scanners in 2001.  VueScan costs about half as much as my
> scanner did new.

I doubt it. Afga ended it's support of it's scanners, and focuses on
other products now. Why? I have no clue. What it means: unless someone
has found a workaround, VueScan is your only hope.

Regardless, it has made an Arcus II obsolete in the setup at work.
Pretty sad, as these sorts of things should have, well, a longer life.
After switching to Panther, the Arcus II failed to work. It was also
generating 3 color bars (red, blue, green) when it scanned, and when in
grayscale they appeared as different shades of gray!

I sort of lost any hope of getting it to interface properly, and we are
getting a Microtek 8900xl (9800?) soon.

Anyone have any experience with the Microtek scanner? Pretty much a
tabloid size scanner, with a TMA as an option.