[X-SW] Entourage crashing

Paul Baily mglists at paulbaily.com
Mon May 16 17:00:29 PDT 2005

On 17/05/2005, at 1:21 AM, Tony Johansen wrote:

> Entourage has never given a problem, but, away for a few days, mac
> shutdown, started it, Entourage received 89 messages then crashed.
> [...]
>
> Any way to force it to behave? I have a lot of important stuff
> stored in Entourage, I need to get it working.

It could be that Entourage has a corrupt database. Do you have a
recent backup from when it was working reliably? Have you tried
Entourage's database check & repair options? Launch Entourage with
the option key down to see these options.

I would recommend though that you take a backup of the database /
before/ running these just on the offchance it does more harm than
good. Entourage's database is (using Office 2004 here, YMMV) in your
home directory under Documents, Microsoft User Data.

HTH, and cheers,

Paul.