[X-SW] Deleting FIREFOX

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Thu Nov 5 15:06:33 PST 2009

At 09:02 +1100 11/6/09, Rupert Hoyte wrote:
>FFx takes up too much of the Downloads Folder.  When I ask for it to  be "Moved to Trash", I am told this can't be done "because it is  open.   Please send me exact instructions as to what I must do to  delete FFx completely.  It is stopping me from downloading other  useful programmes, as with FFX there, the computer says,  "cannot  download as there is not enough space for this new programme".

Be sure you are not executing Firefox from a disk image that you downloaded long ago. It's general practice to copy applications from disk images like that into application space in the file system.

There might be an installer that should be run or some drag-me-to... readme file.

That Downloads Folder that's getting full can be inside of that disk image which is limited to a whole lot less than the total disk capacity.

If Firefox is running it should show up in the dock. If so click on it and there ought to be a quit item in the menus.
--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--