Oxford 911 don't mount

Emmanuel Di Rossetti eldr2001 at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 08:17:28 PDT 2003

> I couldn't tell if you've done this yet or not, but before going that
> far I would make sure you try a different cable and try both ports on
> the drive (assuming it has two ports). I have an older drive where one
> of the ports just doesn't seem to give me a good connection, while the
> other port works fine.
I tried that it did not give any results.

> A couple other things I usually pay attention to when a drive doesn't
> mount :
>
> Is the power light on and steady (not flickering)?
>
> When it starts up, do you hear the drive spin up?
>
> When its finished spinning up, do you hear a quick read or two occur (a
> couple little "scritches")?
I did not do that and I think you are right. The power light is on but
there is not one sound when I switch on and off.
I have never seen an external drive as silent as mine. I think the
enclosure is the problem. I cannot put it in my G4 this one is already
full with two disks, I maybe try to bring it to an Apple Center they
could change the enclosure.

Thanks to all

Emmanuel