changing the cabling on RAIDed IDE drives?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Tue Mar 18 11:30:04 PST 2003

We set up a pair of IDE drives as a mirrored RAID on a B&W G3, using a
third-party PCI controller card.  Some while later, I realized that we
could probably get better performance by putting the two drives on two
separate cables (the card has two independent IDE channels).

Before I recable the drives, however, I'd like to KNOW that this won't
confuse the RAID software.  Clues?  Pointers?

-r

P.S.  The RAID is NOT being used for booting.
--
email: rdm at cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.