[X Newbies] mail program attachments

cricket cricket at apple.com
Fri Dec 13 14:28:13 PST 2002

AppleDouble is used automatically with forked files. Are you sending a
folder of files? If so, drop them into Mail as individual files or
stuff them ahead of time. There is a bug in sending folders of files.

- cricket

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 9:29 PM, Miles wrote:

>> Attachments are stored with a message until you explicitly extract
>> them
>> in one of the following ways:
>>
>> 1. Drag-and-drop attachment(s) from the message to a location in the
>> Finder (Shift-click to select multiple attachments or Select All to
>> select them all)
>> 2. Ctrl-click on any attachment or selection of attachments and choose
>> an option from the contextual menu
>> 3. Use the File->Save Attachments menu item
>>
>> - cricket
> Does anyone know how to set the encoding for Mail.app to AppleDouble? I
> haven't been able to send anything to a webmail server at the
> university
> without ending up only getting the resource fork. I could not find
> anything
> directly with the Help files. Any suggestions? Miles

----->
Software Entomologist – Mail for Mac OS X
                 http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/mail.html