[X Newbies] "The application ShutDown canceled logout"

David B. Holton david at wordforward.com
Mon Dec 16 16:47:43 PST 2002

on 12/16/02 4:29 PM, Mac OS X Newbies wrote:

> The bottom line is there may not be a fix. I'd pay attention to what
> applications are running in Classic before shutting down to see if
> there's one that's causing the trouble. The other thing to do is to
> quit most/all of your Classic applications before shutting down to see
> if that fixes the problem (if not it's probably something in Classic
> itself).

Thanks, Mike.

There aren't usually any apps running in Classic, so I don't think that's
it. And it's definitely not a "timeout" thing, since it's almost
instantaneous (well, after a few seconds).

I think for some reason Classic doesn't want to shut down when X tells it
to. Usually shuts down just fine from the System Prefs, just not on
shutdown.

Hmmmm...

Best,
David