[X Newbies] Apple and all of these viruses?

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 23 19:44:12 PDT 2003

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 09:22 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> I submit that it has strayed enough to become off-topic . . .

My point in answering it was to refute a common yet false explanation
of why Macs don't have as many virus "titles" as Windows - specifically
for Newbies, so they'll know a) not to say that "the lack of Mac
viruses proves that the Mac is more secure and b) that "the Mac is too
unimportant to write viruses for" doesn't prove that the Mac is equally
vulnerable to viruses as a PC.

These are not very technical topics, so I think it is appropriate for
the list, so long as its not overly technical and addresses whether the
"common wisdom" is true or false.

SR