[X Newbies] Mail.app embedded photo

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Tue Dec 2 14:39:40 PST 2003

Are you looking for the location of where the .Mac user photos go when
they're d/loaded to your hard drive? If so, you'll find them in
/Users/"yourusername"/Library/Caches/com.apple.addressservices/Photos/.

The photos are named with the email address of the particular user. If
you want to view them as a picture, drag a copy to the desktop and add
.jpg to the end of the file name. It should then open in Preview when
double-clicked.

One thing to note about the cache: if a user already has an image in
your Photos cache, Mail will use the cached file, even if they have
updated the pic on .Mac. To get new pics, you can delete all the image
files in the Photos folder.