[X Newbies] Upgrading To Panther Tommorrow Tips? SUCCESS

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sat Dec 27 08:47:44 PST 2003

You might want to try the HP Laserjet 6 driver for the 5110, as the
5100 and the 5000 can by driven by this driver. This is one of the Gimp
Print drivers. Alternatively, you can download the HPIJS drivers and
install those. They include a driver for the HP Laserjet 5100 series. I
am assuming that the 5110 is a Laserjet (you didn't state which line
the 5110 is in - officejet, laserjet, deskjet, etc.). To be able to use
these drivers, hold down the option key when selecting "Add" in
Panther's Printer Setup Utility. Choose Advanced from the pop-up menu
and then choose the type of printer (USB, SAMBA, IP, etc.). You might
want to check Apple's help files and knowledge base as well as the Gimp
Print and HPIJS sites for details on getting this to work.

Norm

GimpPrint (note that this is installed standard in Panther)
<http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3>
HPIJS <http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/>

On Dec 27, 2003, at 8:34 AM, Ken Poppers wrote:

> I went from 10.2.8 to Panther and then updated it and the only issue
> I've had (so far) has been printing.   I use a HP 5110 and there isn't
> a Panther driver upgrade yet.
Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com